Monday, January 21, 2008

Fever

I'm not sick again, unless you count cabin fever. The camera's batteries are charging, so I can't take pix but if I could, it'd be of the things that are growing here- amaryllis and hyacinth. They're just green stubs so far, but we're excited.

I'd also take pix of my footprints in the snow from last night. I did a lap around the birch tree barefoot- my official Fuck You to January. For those of you that don't watch ESPN, you should know that I am the Naked Snow Angel champion of 2007. I haven't made one yet this year. The barefoot romp is part of the preliminaries. There were no challengers last year (wussies!). Should you care to challenge, please email pix of your angel- NOT pix of you naked and actually making the angel. Trust me, a good picture will provide enough detail to prove that you were naked.


From Wikipedia:

Current world record
On March 28, 2007, Guinness World Records confirmed that North Dakota holds the world record for the most snow angels made simultaneously in one place. The record breaking event occurred February 17, 2007 when 8,962 snow angels were created by people waving their arms while lying in the snow covering the state Capitol grounds in Bismarck.[1]
Previously, the record was held by Michigan Tech University with 3,784 students, locals, and alumni making snow angels on the school football field.[2]


Notice, they were not naked.

No comments: