Thursday, May 26, 2011

I met a Master Gardener

She dug this pond herself. It has goldfish and frogs in it.


Banana tree and irises (she brings the banana in for the winter).


I don't remember what this one is called, but I probably want it.


Dogwood getting ready to flower.


Japanese magnolia. Unlike other magnolias, this one leafs
out before it blooms. I definitely want it.


This is not her bridal veil shrub. Her garden is so awesome
that the neighbors' plants are trying to bust in!

For me, meeting a master gardener is like meeting one of my heroes. She knows so much! It was like getting to go to a college lecture for free. And you wanna know what's even cooler? She was asking me if I knew what certain plants were as she pointed them out. I didn't know most of them, but she was impressed that I was able to identify her gas plant (dictamnus), AND she didn't know that you can light them on fire. I taught a master gardener something! *pats self on back*

No comments: