Sunday, June 12, 2011

Woods Walk

We have a small forest behind the house. Here is the entrance to the S path.


Here is the graveyard. It's only been there for a month or so. I can't explain it.
I think my mister can.


Bloodroot and mayapple. Both are spring ephemerals. Magical sounding, innit?


This patch of greenery is all jewelweed. It's an important plant to know. It grows in the exact same conditions as poison ivy. If you see jewelweed, you've been warned- poison ivy is near. Another cool factoid: Jewelweed is an antidote to poison ivy (among other things). Click the neato- keen link for more info.


Christmas tree graveyard.


Exit through the gift shop. Er, the S trail.


Now back to the garden where these poor pot- bound
marigolds are waiting to be planted. Wow. I think I made it through a whole post without cussing. The woods are soothing.

No comments: