Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bouquet of the Day (And something new)

There's a thing called Amazon Associates that you can add to your blog.  Then when you want to recommend a product, blog readers can click on the thing.  The click will take you to Amazon where you can buy it.  You buy stuff, we get money!  For obvious reasons, I think  this is a brilliant idea.  Now just to see if we've set it up right, I'm going to try it out.  

Let me start by saying that I will never ever ever recommend something that I don't absolutely love just in the interest of earning some money.  I have a long history of being bad at doing things for money that I don't fully support (hence my sorta checkered job history).

That said, let me tell you about this Turkish coffee.

It's dark and sticky like good hash.  It's strong as hell, but it doesn't make you jittery like when you've had too much American coffee.  I learned about Turkish coffee years ago.  My mom brought some back from a trip to Israel and it's just amazing.  If you don't have any fancy coffee making equipment, you just do this:  

Boil enough water for a cup of coffee.  Dump in a heaping tablespoon of the Turkish.  Stir briefly, then let it foam up/ almost boil over.  Take it off the heat till it settles, then put it back on again for one more trip to foamy land.  Then pour it in your mug and let it settle for a bit before drinking because there will be a lot of sediment in the bottom.  You don't drink the sludge at the bottom.  (Some people use it to tell fortunes.)  I like to add a teaspoon of anise sugar too.  The smell is heavenly.  You can also add some to your regular coffee to amp it up- we just add it to the regular in the filter basket.  It doesn't come out sludgy that way.

Until this year, I rarely got to have Turkish because it's hard to find here.  Never in a million years would it have occurred to me to look for it on Amazon, but it just so happens I have a clever Mister.  He found it there and got it for me this Christmas.  Needless to say, I was delighted especially when I realized I can now get it any time I want!

Long story short, if you click on the highlighted "Turkish Coffee" above, you can go to Amazon and buy some!  Oh- you can also use it in baking or do things like roll truffles in it.  And just to prove I'm not bullshitting you, here's a picture of MY Turkish Coffee.

Turkish coffee, demitasse, butterfly weed

PS:  You can also click on the link and buy some for ME since I'm almost out.  Yet another brilliant idea, no?

2 comments:

Red Blogger said...

I hope you found the whole experience of setting up this Amazon thing much easier than I did ! Never mind Angry Gardener, I was very much the Angry Blogger !

Broken Barn Industries said...

I found it very easy since the mister did all of the work. He is the wind beneath my wings n shit. I had a feeling I'd end up overwhelmed and enraged if I tried to set it up myself.