Sunday, October 4, 2009

Why we will not be renewing our subscription

I just sent this to the editors of the magazine. This has been bothering me for a long time. It's good to finally know I've done my part. The rest is up to them.

To the Editor:
I've always known that Architectural Digest was not a magazine about architecture. But your recent "Architecture Issue" was just too much to bear. I apologize for pointing out what must be an obvious white elephant in the A.D. offices, but it's time for everyone to man-up and face facts.

1) I am sure there is no magazine called "Interior Design Monthly" which features articles and photographs about architecture.

2) If a magazine called "Pizza Making Digest" was to put out a "Special Pizza Making Issue", it would be a little odd, don't you think?

It's time to change the name of the publication and admit to yourselves that you all work for a fashion magazine.

Sincerely,
[Inkman], Advocate for Clarity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that Arch.Digest should merge with Cosmo.
"FIVE WAYS TO MAKE HIM HOT....IN YOUR GLASS HOUSE"
"ARE YOUR NEIGHBORS PEEPING TOMS"