Friday, August 12, 2011

Bouquet Bomb!


Sedum, amaranth, Japanese variegated grass, snapdragon, zinnia

My mister's coworker's wife broke her leg (really badly!) a week or so ago, so I sent him off to work this morning with a bouquet to cheer her up.  The garden is pretty sparse this time of year so I had to go heavy on the amaranth.  Mind you, I've given away two other amaranth bouquets and both people complained that it was hard to find a vase that they can't tip over.  However, the mister and said coworker are problem solvers by nature.

 Yep, that's gaff tape.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

is there anything gaff tape can't do?

Unknown said...

side note: check this emmineffer out- http://ehmayewhy365.blogspot.com/2011/08/080811-cheating-today.html

how cool is that?

Ink said...

hey, they're using our template

Unknown said...

yeah, apparently folks like that one.

cottage gardener said...

Mister has an eye for floral arranging! I really like it!!

Broken Barn Industries said...

Wow, Karen! Do you know that person? I totally wanna know what kind of flower. That's freakin' stunning!

Unknown said...

I do know that person & asked if she knows what it is. No response yet.