Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Field Trip!

On Saturday we went to our local arboretum for a guided tree walk.  This is George.  He did the talking.


He knew all sorts of factoids.  My favorite was this:  He said if you go rooting around under a patch of goldenrod, you'll basically find a desert.  Goldenrod has a chemical or something that is toxic to other plants. 


This was our favorite tree.  We might get one for the yard.  It's a Regal Prince Oak.  I know this because a lot of the trees at the arboretum have nametags.  They're red and white stickers that say, "Hi!  My name is Regal Prince Oak!" and then you have to do warm-up activities with them.  In case you weren't sure, I made that last part up.  They have snazzy signs:


We also got to see something really cool- Indian pipes!  They're very cool.  You should click the link to see.  


After a while, the mister got bored and decided to take the camera from me.  I didn't realize it, but he was holding it at his side and just randomly clicking without looking.  He got a lot of shots like this:


At the end of the walk, George asked us if we had any questions.  I did.  I asked him if I could take a picture of his tattoo.


The end.  Oh wait.  I liked their barn painting.  And then there's that picture I have of a butterfly on a tarp that doesn't seem to fit any posts, so you can see that too.  Then it's really the end of this post.



The End.

3 comments:

Red Blogger said...

I like the pic of the tree. I like the pic of the guys tattoo also. I have a pawprint tattoo on my foot. In case you ever wondered !!!

Unknown said...

driveby photos rule.

Unknown said...

George went to Clemson?