Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bouquet Bomb Bonus


My mister bouquet bombed me with orchids yesterday (see previous post).  One of the coolest things about them is that they are shipped directly from a real orchid farm in Hawaii and they come wrapped in genuine Hawaiian newspaper.  No local section this time- bummer!  Amazing true fact:  Orchids are incredibly tough.  Some years ago, my mister ordered some for Valentine's Day.  They were delayed for a full week because of a blizzard.  I was sure the contents would look like rotten salad by the time they arrived but they were gorgeous and lasted a very long time!

3 comments:

ann said...

I cannot believe how beautiful the orchids are. I bought one from the super market. It bloomed. And rebloomed, much to my surprise. And now it looks like it might bloom again. Hoping so. I'll take a picture.

cottage gardener said...

Awwwe, the standard 40 day Anniversary gift is Orchids, I see. I'm so behind the times!

Broken Barn Industries said...

Did not know that, CG- apparently we're ahead of the times! Ann, nice. Every time we buy one it craps out. I think they hate the wood stove here- way too dry.