Friday, July 17, 2009

Why I let my NG subscription expire

From: Ink
Subject: I am allowing my subscription to expire
To: ngsforum@nationalgeographic.com
Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 2:20 PM

Hi guys. It's with a sad heart that I write this letter. I think I'm going to have to let my subscription expire.

The magazine is just becoming too depressing.

Don't get me wrong, the photos are always great, the articles are insightfully written, and the overall physical quality of the magazine is second to none.

But the doom and gloom is just getting to be too much for me. This month's guerrilla-killer issue was kind of a last straw. I know these issues are important, just like climate change, pollution, war, etc. I just can't take it anymore. I'm just a person, and I can't carry all this negative weight on my back anymore.

I know you have a responsibility to report the truth, and to campaign for positive environmental change. I know you will continue on that mission, with or without my membership fees, and I applaud you for that.

For now, though, I need to take a break and enjoy some of the positive things in life. If you need me, I'll be out in the garden weeding and drinking lemonade.

Sincerely,
Ink

No comments: