Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Very Cool, Very Gross Book

I found this at the dollar store which is awesome for me but sad for the author. It actually got very good reviews, like this. I won't review it since that's already been done. Just know that it's pretty graphic and on a personal level rather thought provoking since my mother donated her body to a med school not so very long ago.

I did more research on the web and learned about things like the World Transplant Games. In case you're wondering, no, they don't play beach volleyball with kidneys.

I already knew about this big bust- New Jersey, politicians, rabbis, money laundering and so on, but I never read the fine print till now. They were moving body parts- eek!!! "Prosecutors also charged Levy Izhak Rosenbaum, 58, of Brooklyn, for allegedly acquiring and trading human organs. According to prosecutors, Rosenbaum convinced people in Israel to donate their kidneys for $10,000 and then sold them for up to $160,000." And, "5 rabbis were accused of trafficking in human organs."

And finally, the brains in Maine fall mainly on the [Maryland lab] plain.

No comments: