Monday, June 7, 2010

Rose Tattoo

We gardened hard yesterday. Lots of sod lifting/ expanding beds, planting new coreopsis 'moonbeam' and liatris, weeding and so on. Just as we were about to wrap it up for the day, both of us tired, hungry and hurting, a car pulled into the driveway. It was a neighbor I'd met earlier in the spring who'd stopped to take pictures of our tulips. Turns out she's an artist and flower gardener. And she brought us three giant clumps- iris, coral daylilies and 'rose tattoo' daylilies. My mister got the irises in. The daylilies mean more digging today, but who's gonna say no to free flowers?

2 comments:

the engineer said...

I'll drink to you
The rose tattoo
I'm the invisble man
The singer's playin' "fly me to the moon"
And I'm in heaven again

Broken Barn Industries said...

Here's some David Byrne for ya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wgrM-R6yfY