Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Monster and The Mister

Waiting
The Mister isn't fluent in dog and Monster's English is halting at best, so they don't always understand each other.  I am fluent in dog so I happen to know that Monster cares a great deal about the Mister.  He waits by that window every day.  When he hears Mister's car pull into the driveway he watches him walk up the path to the door and then greets him when he gets through the door.  The greeting tends to be overly loud- kind of like when people yell at foreigners thinking it might improve their understanding of the native language.

Right after that, he runs over to me and (again loudly) informs me that my Mister is home, as if I don't know that already by all the ruckus.  The Mister was surprised and I daresay a little touched when he saw this shot.

2 comments:

ann said...

Hello, I see that you recently left a comment at The Garden Spot and asked how I winter my water lilies. Right now they are in an oval horse tank. I have winter hardy lilies, so I don't have to bring them inside. Because winter can be so cold for so long, to keep the tank from freezing, we have a pond heater in it for the winter. It still ices over but the water lilies die back anyway. When we had them in our old water garden, the pond was 33 inches deep, so we were able to sink them to the bottom where they over wintered. The key is winter hardy lilies. In one of my earlier posts this year--June maybe--I write about dividing the lilies. There you can see how we keep them until we have pond built. Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope to see you again.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long comment
but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr...
well I'm not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say
wonderful blog!