Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blech

Japanese beetle destroying Harry Lauder shrub.

Me destroying Japanese beetles.
I've been picking these nasty little fuckers off the shrub every time I pass by.  I drop them into a mason jar of water and dish soap.  They are not easy to flick into the jar unless you have gloves on.  I squeam every time I touch one by accident without gloves.  Then I cuss some more.

This message has been brought to you by the pesticide-free Angry Gardener.

PS:  Sometimes going organic is just fucking nasty.  Suck it up and do it.
PSS:  I didn't put the grasshopper in there.  It must have suicided.

6 comments:

Red Blogger said...

Could you not just leave them a plate of Sushi ???

cottage gardener said...

There are variations of 'humane'....but I don't believe bugs should be afforded that, when ravishing thru one's garden. I personally love plucking them and depositing them in the spider web of my choice. Helping to feed the eco-system in my yard.

ann said...

I feel your disgust.

Broken Barn Industries said...

lol @ gifting the spiders with them!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm! Beetlejuice!

MizFannie™ said...

Poor Harry!